The Peyton Anderson Foundation’s principle guidelines are focused on the following:
- Grants that benefit Macon and Bibb County, Georgia. Grant applications from out of state will not be considered.
- Projects whose purpose has measurable and lasting results. Sustainability is important, therefore be able to provide evidence of your program’s effectiveness both short and long term.
- Projects that demonstrate collaboration with other non-profit organizations to provide innovative, efficient approaches to solving community issues.
Grants are usually not given for the following:
- General operations – Grants for specific operational purposes, such as initial start-up funds, may be considered. In such cases, the organization is required to document organizational capacity, sustainability, and the achievement of measurable results for the future.
- Private Schools
- Sports Related Events
- Festivals and Trips
- Grants will be made only to organizations which are qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code to receive charitable contributions and which are organizations to which charitable contributions may be made under the provisions of Section 170(c) of the Internal Revenue Code as such sections are modified by Section 2055(a) and 2522(a) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- No grants to individuals or loans.
- No grant may be used for political lobbying.
- Grants will be made only to those applicants who have completely executed a proposal form furnished by the Foundation and have supplied the required documentation. This does not preclude the Foundation from initiation requests for proposals where, in the judgment of the Trustees, a qualified prospective grantee performs functions which are deemed particularly worthy of a grant.
- The Peyton Anderson Foundation reserves the right to attach conditions to grants as circumstances warrant.
- The Foundation may require additional information, an interview or a site visit. If a proposal clearly is not within the giving interest of the Foundation, the applicant will be notified immediately.
Frequency of Requests:
- Application deadlines are April 1st and August 1st.
- Organizations may not apply for funding more frequently than once every 12 months.
- Organizations that are funded are not eligible to apply for additional funding for at least 24 months.
- Organizations receiving multi-year grants may not re-apply until 12 months after the last grant payment has been made.