Arts & Culture
The Peyton Anderson Foundation recognizes the regional impact of Arts & Culture as it creates a strong sense of place, enhances community vibrancy and generates cultural tourism. The Foundation supports Macon-Bibb’s diverse, regional arts community by fostering artistic and historic development. This diverse arts community incorporates creative expression, historic preservation, theatre, local tradition, museums and music to ensure an active community and stronger economic development. Among the landmark arts & cultural investments of the Foundation is its unwavering support of Downtown Macon, its Museum District and surrounding cultural attractions, including the construction of the Tubman Museum, the continued restoration of the Hay House and the stabilization of the historic Capricorn Records studio site.
- Arts & Cultural institutions and initiatives in Macon-Bibb.
- Arts & Cultural projects whose purposes have measurable and lasting results on Macon-Bibb.
- Sustainable historic preservation.
- Innovative approaches to solving community problems.
What We Don’t Fund
- General Operations
- Event Sponsorships
- Big House Foundation
- Capitol Theatre
- Central Georgia Opera Guild
- Choral Society of Middle Georgia
- Fort Hawkins Commission
- Friends of the Cannonball House
- Friends of the Douglass Theatre
- Georgia Historical Society
- Georgia Humanities Council
- Georgia Music Hall of Fame
- Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Georgia Sports Hall of Fame
- Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation
- Grand Historic Riverside Cemetery
- Conservancy Grand Opera House
- Historic Macon
- Macon Arts Alliance
- Macon Georgia Cherry Blossom Festival
- Macon Little Theatre
- Macon Pops
- Macon Sports Commission
- Macon Symphony Orchestra
- Midstate Children’s Challenge
- Midsummer Macon
- Museum of Arts and Science
- Museum of Aviation
- Nutcracker of Middle Georgia
- Theatre Macon
- Tubman Museum