The Peyton Anderson Foundation values education and its impact on Central Georgia’s economic vitality. The Foundation supports all local post-secondary nonprofit educational institutions and programs, as well as technical certification. With grant awards enhancing the overall quality of education, the Foundation seeks ways to help local educators build a stronger foundation for Bibb County’s future. During his lifetime, Mr. Anderson emphasized the importance of a quality education by providing funding to deserving young people to attend college. His philanthropy and personal interest in education led to the establishment of the Peyton Anderson Scholars program. Since 2009, the Foundation has awarded more than $2 million in scholarships for highly promising Macon-Bibb County high school seniors.
The Peyton Anderson Foundation supports STEM education through various projects at the Museum of Arts and Sciences and the Museum of Aviation. A number of projects and initiatives at Mercer University, including creating a new undergraduate science building to accommodate the growing demand for collaborative research, have been funded. Significant investments have also been made in programs at Wesleyan College, Middle Georgia State University, Central Georgia Technical College and Goodwill Industries, among others. In 2017, the Foundation announced the Teach to Inspire Project, an innovative grant program where educators brought their best ideas forward to support extraordinary efforts in order to enhance the approved curriculum.
- Non-Profit higher education institutions in Macon-Bibb County.
- Education programs whose purposes have measurable and lasting results on Macon-Bibb County.
- Creation of premier education opportunities for all.
- Innovative approaches to solving community problems.
We Typically Do Not Fund:
- Event Sponsorships
- Festivals and Trips
- General Operations
- Private Schools
- Statewide initiatives
- ACCG Civic Affairs Foundation
- Saint Peter Claver School
- Bibb County Board of Education
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Heart of Georgia
- Career Women’s Network Scholarship Fund
- Central Georgia Technical College Foundation
- Community Foundation of Central Georgia
- The Corporation of Mercer University
- Education First
- First Presbyterian Day School
- Georgia Appleseed
- Georgia College and State University
- Georgia Council on Economic Education
- Georgia Family Partnership Connection
- Georgia Historical Society
- Georgia Institute of Technology STEM Magazine
- Georgia Military College Foundation
- Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia
- Kids School Tools
- Middle Georgia State University Foundation
- Mount de Sales Academy
- Museum of Aviation
- Ocmulgee National Monument Association
- Orange Duffle Bag Initiative
- Otis Redding Foundation
- Partnership in Education
- Progressive Christian Academy
- Progressive Christian Academy
- Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
- Rolling Readers of Bibb County
- Southern Center for International Studies
- Stratford Academy
- Teach for America
- Twin Cedars Youth and Family Services
- United Way of Central Georgia
- University of Georgia
- WAVE, Inc.
- Wesleyan College
- White House Fellows Foundation
- Woodfield Academy